Saturday, March 23, 2013

Meatless Meatball Subs

I have three growing boys and a busy schedule. I need quick and kid-pleasing meals! This is a quick go-to that always satisfies!



I used wheat sub bread I found at Kroger.  I carefully read the ingredients for milk and eggs.  All clear! I used marinera sauce.  Again, I carefully scanned the ingredients for milk, eggs, and too much sugar content.  The meatless meatless meatballs have changed our lives, or at least the lives of our pasta dishes.  Now, if they look and taste too good to be vegan, well that's because they aren't 100 % vegan.  They contain egg whites.  :(  Booooooo!  I know.  Why am I even teasing you with this?  Well, part of becoming vegan is finding substitutions for previously meat-heavy meals.  This is one way to break the habit of using meat, while still making delicious and satisfying meals.


The vegan mozzarella cheese came from Trader Joe's.  I love a trip to Trader Joe's!  Find one near you.



I toast the subs in the oven a little, and I use the middle part that I cut to make garlic bread sticks.  A winning touch with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment