Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vegan Chicken Salad

My husband and I love chicken salad, but there are a few essential ingredients that are strictly forbidden in my vegan diet.  Again, I CHOOSE this diet, so don't feel bad for me.  ;)


Here are the ingredients I use to make my vegan chicken salad:
Dairy-free & egg-free mayonnaise
Almonds - walnuts are also delicious
Vegan sour cream - Tofutti
Craisins
Celery
Seetan (meat alternative) - I get mine at Kroger and stock up when they're on sale & freeze them.
Pepper


I use my handy manual food processor to chop up the Seitan strips.


I combined some mayo and a little sour cream (2 parts mayo & 1 part sour cream) with craisins, chopped celery, chopped almonds, pepper to taste, and then stir in the seitan crumbles.  I let it chill in the fridge before eating out of personal preference for cold chicken salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment