Saturday, March 23, 2013

Veggie Sub

When I'm out and about or road trippin' and evil fast food temptations are everywhere, I turn to Subway. I kick the meat and cheese and ask for all the veggies! Even the pickles and jalepenos. It makes for a delicious and satisfying sandwich! And I feel better than usual after restaurant lunches, because I ate lighter and healthier. But, it keeps me full for hours!

Well, as a teacher, I don't get to eat a lot of food from the outside world. ;). You either bring your lunch or buy the yuck from the cafeteria that passes for nutrition for kids! Ah! That's a different discussion and post to come. ;)

Anyway, I wanted the satisfied feeling i get from Subway at school, so I decided to make my own veggie subs! They turned out amazing. Wrap them up well and they travel in my insulated lunchbox perfectly!

My sandwich fixin's include...
spinach leaves and any other green leaf I have available
cucumbers
red and green pepper slices
pickles
jalepenos
and...

avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment