Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Day Eating Vegan

Yesterday was my first day off for spring break! Hallelujah! I slept in big time... 7:30! ;) Then worked out while I finished reading a book and watched the news. (You know you're busy when watching the news is a rare luxury.) I ate Special K Red Berries with Almond milk for breakfast.



  
After a mild but uplifting workout, I finished the laundry and did the dishes.  What is it about finishing these little house maintenance things that make me feel accomplished!  ;)

Before heading out to run errands and check off my many "free-time to-do's" I had a lunch date with Pinterest while I ate a veggie burger with avocado and veggie cheese.  I eat my burgers on sandwhich thins, because it's delicious and cuts the carbs and calories a lot!  



      


Check the label on the veggie burgers you buy, because they're not all vegan.  Many brands are made with dairy and/or eggs.

To wash it all down I had water with fresh squeezed lemon.  If you haven't learned the benefits of fresh lemon juice, please google it!

10 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water in the Morning

I snacked on a banana as I left Target.













When I got home carrying many shopping bags, I snacked on left over vegan chicken salad with Ritz crackers! Yum!

For dinner, I cooked up some frozen peppers and onions and warmed black refried beans. Artisan multigrain tortillas and guacamole made a fabulous combo for vegan fajitas! I topped them off with Fuzzy's brand taco sauce! YUMMY!!!!


Today, I started my day with cheerios and a banana, followed by a brief workout.  I have lunch plans for Panera where I will carefully choose a vegan-friendly salad.  Tonight for dinner... hmmm... I'm thinking vegan enchiladas!  We'll see!

I don't always post my daily food log, but when I do, I post vegan!

Stay healthy my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment